Alkaline Salts have now been independently proven by the European Food Standards Authority to contribute to normal:
- Energy: Energy-yielding metabolism and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
- Electrolyte Balance: Electrolyte balance in the body.
- Blood Health: Formation of red blood cells, oxygen transport in the body, blood clotting and normal blood pressure.
- Mind: Neurotransmission, nervous system, cognitive function and psychological function
- Digestion: Normal function of digestive enzymes.
- Cells Protection: Immune system and protection of cells from oxidative stress.
- Muscles: Muscle function, cell membranes, protein synthesis and connective tissue.
“Why should you care?”
Your body should be slightly alkaline to function at its optimum. For this it needs alkaline fuel which we get from the food we eat, liquids which we drink (especially water) and the air we breathe(oxygen). If it all works out for us and we succeed in pH balance is also dependent on our bodies ability of shedding out toxic waste.
With all these things synchronised and performing as they should, you should not be worried about the pH balance of your body –it should regulate itself naturally and automatically. All of this is only possible – IF you are eating and living right in the perfect conditions.
The majority of us are living with increased stress levels, eating processed meals largely made up of poorly balanced, acidified fast foods enriched with additives combined with minimal exercise (if any!). – The balance becomes tilted in favour of increased acidity and that brings along a wide range of problems – from smaller irritations to fatal diseases. This is a big problem and it is getting bigger and bigger – an overly acidic system with little oxygen can lead to a wide range of illnesses, disease and/or physical and emotional discomfort.
“What’s the the ‘Alkaline Diet ?”
Diet? This is more than a diet! This is a misconception we have to get rid – that thought of it just being a diet!
This is a lifestyle – making conscious decisions in your everyday life – especially about eating and drinking – in a way that helps our bodies to retain its pH ion balance using natural salts (carbonated/alkaline) as found in nature.
Among other things, an alkaline lifestyle involves a dietary plan that contains 80% alkalizing foods and 20% is made up of naturally nutritional foods.
An alkaline lifestyle is not only maintaining pH balance with food but also the balance of emotions and stress management, exercise and adequate rest.